I am currently reviewing literature about the evacuation of disabled people in order to see how to model them within the existing evacuation modelling tools. I collect quite enough material:
Here there is a list about the most relevant material I found so far:
- the works made by Shields and Boyce;
- the papers made by the FSEG Group;
- Material from Prof. Christensen of the Utah State University (He is developing a dedicated evacuation model for people with disabilities, the BUMPEE model)
- The Proulx works on the topic;
- The Hedman works on the topic;
- the NFPA planning Guide;
and some other spot papers on the topic.
Can you help me telling if you think that there is some other very important paper that I need to read on the topic? (I mean, not just on the evacuation of people with disabilities but on attempts to model them within the evacuation models and on useful information to do it).
My first impression is that it seems to be quite complicated to model processes that are not "self rescue" within the existing tools. Any thoughts/suggestions?
Thank you in advance,